One Libran trait that I very strongly demonstrate is indecisiveness. And I am no different when it comes to makeup; I can never make up my mind (pun intended)! I’m the kind of girl who leaves a beauty counter empty handed (more times that I can count) just because I can’t decide what I want. Once the stuff has been bought, making up my mind about what to use is another battle all together.
There are some products however that slowly creep into to my everyday routine and I find myself reaching for them all the time. The current lot I’m obsessing over looks something like this:
- Bobbi Brown’s Face Touch Up Stick: I prefer just concealer and powder for everyday use, so the concealer has to be multipurpose (for spots and under eyes), pretty heavy duty (to stay put all day) and have a flawless natural finish (not look cakey or feel heavy). This concealer passes all the criteria with flying colours. PS. The shade options for this are fabulous. My tan, warm Indian skin is very hard to match and I usually have to mix 2 shades but I found that the shade 5.5 Honey matches my skin perfectly.
- Bobbi Brown’s Illuminating Finish Powder Compact Foundation: My skin can get pretty oily during the day and I need a powder that controls oil but at the same time I don’t like a completely matte finish. This powder does a great job at controlling the oil (I get by with just a blot around lunch time) and the finish is the most natural I’ve seen of any powder.
- Maybelline’s 24 Hour Color Tattoo in Bold Gold: I love this cream shadow on its own to make my eyes look bright and more awake. I also love layering matte powder eyeshadows over it for an instantly put-together, subtly sparkly look.
- MAC’s eyeshadow in Handwritten: This is my favourite shadow to layer over the Bold Gold. Own it’s own also, it makes for the perfect no makeup makeup look!
- Maybelline’s Falsies and Colossal Volum’ Express Mascaras: I’m loving wearing these two mascaras layered. The effect is amazing! While wearing this combination, I’ve been asked, multiple times, if I was wearing false lashes .
- Maybelline’s Color Show Crayon Kohl in Shiny Beige: This is the perfect nude liner for Indian skin tones, in my opinion. Every other nude/white liner I’ve tried has been either too white, too pink or just a glittery mess. This one has just the right amount of warmth and sparkle to open up and brighten the eyes yet is subtle enough to go by unnoticed.
That’s the list for now. The objects of my obsession change from time to time, season to season, so this list is bound to change and evolve with time. When that happens, you can be sure there will definitely be another post with the updated list.