I am a self proclaimed lip balm junkie and can never pass up a chance to try out a new product. When I heard Chambor has released a lip balm, I promptly went to my nearest Chambor counter and bought myself a pot of Velvet Lips.
What it claims:
Velvet lips is a soft, smooth & velvety lip balm. Its Intense Moisture Therapy Lip Care not only locks the moisture in your lips but does a lot more.
- Protects and helps relieve chapped or cracked lips
- SPF 15 provides UVA & UVB protection
- Gives your lips a soothing, smooth feel
- Has a soft, smooth & velvety texture
- Keeps lips looking younger
What it is:
- It is a colourless, fragrance free lip balm. Perfect for to prep your lips for make up in the morning and to use just before you go to bed at night.
- It moisturizes the lips nicely and soothes dry lips. It’s not one of those balms that just acts as a protective layer on your lips and as soon as it wears off your lips are just as chapped as they were before you used the balm.
- It lasts a good while. I find that once I put this on in the morning, I don’t need to reapply until after lunch. It manages to stay effective through breakfast and many many cups of coffee.
The not so good:
- I don’t like the fact that it is packaged in a pot and I have to use my fingers to get the product out. To me, this is then a product that I can only use at home and not carry with me to use on the go, because the thought of putting my grubby hands in the pot and then on my lips is a little gross.
- It isn’t very effective on extremely chapped lips. I was in Delhi recently and this lip balm wasn’t much help in the cold Delhi weather.
INR 295 for 4 gms
True to form, Chambor has released yet another product that is good quality at a great price. The Chambor Velvet Lips is a great lip balm which protects (thanks to the SPF 15) and nourishes your lips. However, the claim that it makes your lips look younger is bogus. (What does that even mean?!) The fact that it is clear makes it a good base for lip products. I don’t think I’ll repurchase this though, because despite all it’s good qualities, it is not by any means a stand out product.