While I’d ideally like to run around without any base in the sweltering summer months, currently my skin is not in the condition to do so. With the mercury climbing steadily, each day is hotter than the previous, and the thought of having to slather layers of heavy products of my face is nothing short of a nightmare.
Thankfully I stumbled upon the Colorbar Match Perfect Beauty Balm (BB cream) just in time. Honestly though, I ended up buying this over all other drug store brands only because the shade 002 Honey was such a great match for me. Everything else was just too light. That’s my number 1 pet peeve with all drug store makeup brands – I never seem to find a shade that is close to my skin colour and it doesn’t help that the SAs keep trying to convince me that the shade they are shoving in my face (which is actually meant for fair skinned girls) is the perfect match for my dusky skin. But that’s a story for another time.
Coming back to the Color Bar Match Perfect Beauty Balm..
What it claims:
Makeup and skincare come together to create a perfect match! This multi-benefit beauty balm hydrates, smoothes, protects, and corrects skin with sheer coverage in one effortless step. Enhanced with a blend of potent botanicals and antioxidants, the fresh and airy formula boosts luminosity, diminishes the signs of aging and repairs uneven skin tone while protecting it with broad-spectrum sun protection.
What it is:
- Light weight and easy to blend, it sets to give you a pretty glow
- Nice amount of coverage; it manages to cover most of my problems nicely, except for some really stubborn scars
- Staying power is great – I can get an entire day’s wear from it (think 8-9 hours)
- It doesn’t oxidize and change colour through the day
- SPF 20 means I don’t need to use sunscreen on days that I’m going to be indoors
- Even though it has SPF, it photographs nicely (read no white cast)
- The shade 002 Honey is a really goos match for me
- It’s paraben free! That’s always welcome
The not so good:
- I need to use a powder to set it and that’s not something I’m too happy to have to do especially in the summer
- It claims to be hydrating but I don’t find it hydrating at all, I need a moisturizer underneath
INR 550 for 29 gms or 1.0 US OZ.
This product had me at the shade match! Honestly though, I’ve been using it for a little over a month now and I have to say, I am impressed. It’s easy to use, light weight, provides nice coverage, has good staying power and at INR 550, it doesn’t break the bank. Definitely a product I’d recommend and repurchase.